WISH LIST: What MP hopes the budget will bring us
MEMBER for Nanango and Queensland Opposition Leader Deb Frecklington has laid out her hopes for tonight's State Budget.
High on her wish list are improvements to South Burnett roads, followed closely by funding for essential health services.
A greater investment in community safety also ranks high on Ms Frecklington's list.
Here is Ms Frecklington's State Budget wish list:
- Sealing the final 3km of the Bunya Mountains-Maidenwell Rd
- Widening and sealing the Byee Rd
- Widening the 11km single-lane section of the Mundubbera-Durong Rd
- Widening and sealing further sections of the Kingaroy-Burrandowan Rd
- Urgent funding for the Burnett Highway to upgrade dangerous sections where recent fatalities have occurred
- Widening single-lane sections of the Kilkivan-Tansey Rd.
- Replacing the Running Creek Bridge on the Woolooga-Biggenden Road
- Access to improved mental health services and support
- Ensuring the next instalment of funding for Kingaroy Public Hospital is included in the budget.
- Extra policing resources for the South Burnett to combat crime in the region.