WARNING: Large hail possible as storms brew in Burnett
The Burnett has been warned to brace for dangerous thunderstorms this afternoon and evening.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the region.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Kingaroy, Ipswich, Gatton, Cherbourg, Clifton, Beaudesert, Esk, Kilcoy, Laidley, Lowood and Nanango.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it‘s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.